The PAX S80 has an automatic download system when the terminal is powercycled/ powered on.
After the file has been updated in BroadPOS, to complete a download on the PAX S80 the terminal must have an empty batch. After the terminal is batched out, powercycle and the download will automatically start.
Downloads take approximately 5 minutes.
To download on a new terminal:
- Connect power cord and Ethernet cable.
- Hold down the Power Key to power on terminal and start the download.
- The terminal will connect to the download host and the application will be loaded. When the download has completed, the terminal will reboot
To download after a file update:
- Confirm changes have been made in BroadPOS
- Confirm Ethernet Cable is connected to terminal
- Batch out the terminal.
- Power-cycle to start the download
- The terminal will connect to the download host and the application will be loaded. When the download has completed, the terminal will reboot.
If you get HEALTH REPORT- CONNECT ERROR or HEALTH REPORT- TRANS REMAINED error, the download has not completed. Proceed to download error troubleshooting.
Manual App Update/Download
- Press Menu button, second down on the right.
- Select System Settings
- Scroll down to App Management or 8
- Enter Password
- Select App Update or 2
Health Report- Connect Error
- Check that the comm type is set correctly
- For IP, check that it is set to correctly to DHCP or Static
- For further issues, check Internet/IP Troubleshooting
Health Report- Trans Remained
- Must batch transactions before completing download
Warning App Exception
If the terminal says WARNING APP EXCEPTION and will not clear, this usually indicates corruption in the application or a bad memory component in the terminal.
Call PAX support for assistance with clearing/fixing the error message:
- PAX Support Number: (877) 859-0099
- Pax Technical Support is open 24/7
To clear the batch (database):
- Press Menu
- Press 5 for System Settings
- Press 5 for Database
- Key-in the password and then press Enter
- Press 2 or Clear Database
- Press Enter to delete the batch
- Select payment type you would like to delete
When completed, the terminal will display “Database Cleared” and a short confirmation report will be printed.