A Presale ticket is a pre-transaction receipt which displays only the sale amount for information only. This is NOT the same as running a bar tab or doing a pre-authorization. This allows the merchant to print the presale ticket, allow the customer to enter their tip amount, and process the card using “in-line” tips. This service is not commonly used as it simply allows the server to process the tip at the same time as the transaction instead of adjusting the transaction after authorization.
- From the idle prompt press the tap the three lines at the bottom left to access Core Menu.
- Using your fingertip, press the word “Applications“.
- Then tap the words CREDIT/DEBIT/EBT
- Select Tips and Tabs Option
- Now tap the words Presale Ticket
- Input the dollar amount for the presale ticket and press OK.
- Bring this ticket to the customer for completion.
- Once the customer completes the tip and total and signs, return to the terminal with card and finish transaction.