Merchant Steps to allow remote diagnostics:
- From the home screen, locate the ” ≡ ” icon to access the main menu.
- Press the down arrow to access the second page of menu options and select “Remote Diagnostics”. Note: the password for this is the last four digits of the EPI number. The terminal will then be awaiting the remote operator to connect to the device.
- What the tech support agent is able to do through remote diagnostics:
- Settlements: Allows the tech to perform a settlement on the current open batch
- Reboot: Allows the tech to reboot the device
- Financial Transaction: Allows the tech to initiate a transaction
- App & Parameter Download: Allows the tech to start an application download on the device
- Last Transactions: See a log of the last transaction failed, successful, or attempted